Ripper Street to return for third series
'Ripper Street' has been revived for a third series.
The period crime drama, which was axed amid falling viewing figures last year, will return to screens in a deal between BBC and Amazon.
Amazon confirmed today (26.02.14) it will screen the third series exclusively on its Prime Instant Video platform - formerly known as LoveFilm - before it is screened on BBC One a few months later.
The first two series of 'Ripper Street' are also available immediately on Amazon Prime Instant Video.
Amazon Instant Video's head of international content acquisition Jason Ropell said in a statement: ''We're delighted to have secured not only the highly popular first two seasons of 'Ripper Street' for our Prime Instant Video customers but we can also confirm today that we will be making season three, news that we know will delight the millions of fans of this brilliant British drama.''
BBC's controller of drama commissioning Ben Stephenson added: ''This is an exceptional opportunity to bring back Ripper Street for a third series by working with a great partner.''
'Ripper Street', which follows a team of police detectives investigating gruesome murders in Victorian-era East London, stars Matthew Macfayden, Jerome Flynn and MyAnna Buring.26-02-2014
- EastEnders' Mick Carter arrested for kerb crawling
- Peter Capaldi didn't want Doctor Who flirting
- Geordie Shore stars banned from filming in US
- Carol Cleveland for Strictly Come Dancing?
- Vicky Pattison wants marriage
- Bellamy Young against Scandal romance
- David Walliams wants X Factor job
- Lauren Goodger feels 'betrayed' by sex tape leak