Shayne Ward welcomes Simon Cowell's X Factor return
Shayne Ward can't wait to hear Simon Cowell's critiques on 'The X Factor'.
The 29-year-old singer, who won the second series of the singing competition in 2005, is looking forward to the original judge returning to the show's panel this year - because of his unique, and often harsh, comments to pop wannabes.
He told BANG Showbiz: ''We all, over the years ... we all wait for what Simon's gonna say because he loves [those] little lines he says. It's gonna be good!''
Shayne would also like to see former judge Cheryl Cole return to the panel, adding: ''She'd be fantastic on the show. Obviously, she's won a show like that. She's great on the panel, she's won with her act on 'The X Factor', so it'd be nice to see her return as well.''
Shayne is set to join the cast of 'Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds' later this year, playing the role of the Artilleryman.
Fellow 'X Factor' alumni Joseph Whelan is also in the stage musical and says Simon's brutal honesty will be a welcome return to the show's panel.
He added: ''I reckon the ratings will shoot up again as soon as he's back on it. Everyone just seems to be too nice. He's got that sort of sobering honesty that sometimes can be devastating to people, but that's what the show's about and that's why people fell in love with the show in the first place.''
'Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds' begins its final UK arena tour in November. Visit www.thewaroftheworlds.com for tickets.28-02-2014
- Chloe-Jasmine admits X Factor romance with Stevi
- Kendra Wilkinson's father 'stunned' by her flirty antics
- Rita Ora wants to be The Voice contestants' friend
- Charlotte Hawkins: I'll be 'conscious' of losing baby weight
- Steve Backshall leaves Strictly Come Dancing
- Stevi Ritchie eliminated from X Factor
- Claudia Winkleman receives Strictly Come Dancing applause
- Vicky Pattison: Maria Fowler wanted to ruin my relationship