Tinie Tempah didn't watch The Voice
Tinie Tempah admits he didn't watch any episodes of 'The Voice' before appearing on the programme.
The 'Pass Out' rapper, who will help Sir Tom Jones coach his 12 chosen acts on the BBC show tomorrow night (01.03.14), didn't even known who was on the judging panel and was surprised to get the call.
He told The Sun newspaper: ''To be honest with you, I hadn't really met Tom before.
''My manager called me and said, 'They want you to do it. Are you up for it?' and I said yes.
''He was on before me at V Festival one time and I met him before that and introduced myself to him, but not really so it was a lovely experience to hang with him.''
Asked if he thinks he has more in common with the other judges, he struggled to name the new line-up after The Script's Danny O'Donoghue and Jessie J left last year.
He said: ''Danny's not doing it any more? It's the Kaiser Chiefs? And Kylie now?
''So it's whatshisname, Tom from the Kaiser Chiefs? The other Tom ... Tom Jones, and who is the other one? will.i.am? Oh, sorry Ricky? My bad.''
But Tinie, 25, eventually praised the judges - Kylie Minogue, will.i.am, Ricky Wilson, and 73-year-old Tom - who he says is still ''alive and kicking''.
He said: ''He looks amazing, he's up for it, he's charismatic, very funny, a pleasure to be around.
''will.i.am is cool! I like the way he delivers his criticism, he's not really an a***hole about it. And I like the way he dresses so well. It's like he's come from the future.
Tinie added: ''I'll watch The Voice from this weekend and from then on.''28-02-2014
- Paul Hollywood tried to get Mary Berry arrested
- Rochelle and Marvin Humes haven't rowed since presenting This Morning
- Coronation Street mini-bus crash
- Louise Thompson wants to go on date with Eminem
- Simon Webbe wanted Blue competition on Strictly Come Dancing
- X Factor plan shock elimination
- Miquita Oliver: I'll weep if Bieber cleans up at 4Music awards
- Ricky Rayment taking a break from Twitter