Bruce Forsyth to leave Strictly Come Dancing?
Sir Bruce Forsyth could be leaving 'Strictly Come Dancing' this year.
The 86-year-old star is reportedly set to discuss his future with the BBC and his long-running role hosting the ballroom dancing content in a meeting with TV bosses next month.
BBC One controller Charlotte Moore told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''He is not young and has missed a couple of programmes, so it is important to have that conversation.''
Talks are reportedly due to be held once the TV legend returns from Puerto Rico, where he goes every year for three months to relax once 'Strictly' wraps filming.
Quizzed whether the show could continue without him, Charlotte added: '''Strictly' is a phenomenon of British television and very robust. But it isn't about one presenter.''
Meanwhile, a BBC insider suggested the talks were a normal rite of passage, telling the paper: ''We speak to Bruce every year about the following year and his contract.''
The star has regularly insisted he has no plans to retire from showbiz just yet, but will know when the time is right to retire.
He previously said: ''When the time is up I'll be ready for it. I probably won't be very happy about it. But I'll know it's time to go.''03-03-2014
- Jake Wood to return to EastEnders in September
- Harry Reid: I've been doing my homework on strict Barbara Windsor
- Top Gear's new presenters revealed
- Jeremy Kyle's wife to get 'quickie divorce'
- Sir Terry Wogan laid to rest on Tuesday
- James Jordan told his wife Ola to lose weight
- Lauren Pope has crush on Ricky Gervais
- Danielle Armstrong defends Sam Faiers' boyfriend