ITV confirms third series of Mr Selfridge
ITV has confirmed a new series of 'Mr Selfridge'.
The hit period drama starring Jeremy Piven will return for a third series next year, with filming due to commence in April.
ITV's director of drama Steve November said in a statement: ''We're delighted to commission a third series of 'Mr Selfridge'. It's been very pleasing to see how the audience have reacted to 'Mr Selfridge' and the vibrant and inspirational world the production team have created.''
Kate Lewis, executive producer for ITV Studios, said: ''We have some surprises in store for an audience in this third series. You only have to walk down Oxford St today to know that Selfridges Department Store continued to be successful, but for its founder, Harry Selfridge, things were very different. His story was a rollercoaster ride that ended rather tragically. We pick up Series 3 in 1919, the point at which his life really begins to unravel.''
The second series of 'Mr Selfridge', which stars Jeremy as Selfridges founder Harry Selfridge, has continued to perform admirably in the ratings on Sunday nights.
The series is averaging 6.4 million viewers and topped BBC One rival 'The Musketeers' in the ratings on Sunday (02.03.14).06-03-2014
- Coronation Street: Tisha Merry wants to educate on revenge porn
- Prince Andrew's ex-girlfriend to join Celebrity Big Brother?
- Stephanie Davis for Celebrity Big Brother?
- Benedict Cumberbatch had Victorian Sherlock doubts
- Sir Michael Caine's age almost made him quit acting
- Lady Colin Campbell plots revenge
- Ant and Dec starstruck by Kieron Dyer
- Tina O'Brien doesn't let daughter watch Coronation Street