James Nesbitt to star in The Missing
James Nesbitt will star in new BBC One drama 'The Missing'.
The 49-year-old actor will star alongside Frances O'Connor in the new thriller about a couple whose child goes missing while they are on holiday in France.
The eight-part series is a co-production with US channel Starz and follows distraught father Tony (James) as he hunts for his son, Oliver, in Paris.
The tragedy has a huge effect on Tony's marriage to Emily, played by 'Mr Selfridge' actress Frances, and threatens to tear the couple apart.
Meanwhile, Tcheky Karyo is set to play a French detective who heads up the police investigation into the disappearance.
BBC's head of independent drama Polly Hill said: ''We are pleased to announce such an exciting cast that brings together the best of British and French actors, led by James Nesbitt, Frances O'Connor and Tcheky Karyo, in this powerful new drama for BBC One.''
Producer John York added: ''It's rare to find a new take on the detective drama, so it's a real pleasure to be involved with a project that both embraces the genre while finding incredibly exciting new ways to play with it. Great writing and a fantastic cast add up to something very special.''
The series is currently being filmed in Brussels and will air later this year.06-03-2014
- Gemma Oaten had faeces thrown at her by bullies
- This Morning gets a pet dog
- Holly Willoughby had This Morning baby breaks
- Coronation Street's dramatic clifftop fight
- Duncan Bannatyne and new girlfriend trying for a baby
- Barack Obama to appear on Running Wild with Bear Grylls
- Janice Dickinson receives warning on Celebrity Big Brother
- Ricky Rayment dumps Marnie Simpson