Mark Wright and Michelle Keegan to join Strictly
Mark Wright and Michelle Keegan are set to join 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
The couple are in early talks to appear on the next series of the BBC One ballroom dancing competition this year once the brunette beauty's time on 'Coronation Street' comes to an end this summer.
Mark told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''I have had interest from 'Strictly' this year and last year. It's a great show.''
A source added: ''Getting a high-profile couple like Michelle and Mark on 'Strictly' would be a massive coup for the BBC. They were both asked last year, but tuned it down for different reasons.
The time wasn't right for Michelle because of her 'Corrie' commitments, but now she is going to have a lot of time on her hands. Mark does a lot of work with ITV but he isn't bound by a contact so could do 'Strictly' if he wanted to.
The source added: ''They have provisionally been invited for talks. Now it just depends on their schedules. Having a couple like them on the show would make for brilliant television. They are already big stars so it is sure to pull in bigger viewing figures.''
The lovebirds - who got engaged in Dubai last year - vowed to never work together, but they are said to be tempted by the 'Strictly' offer.
The insider claimed: ''They would ideally like to keep their working life separate, but if the BBC comes up with a big financial offer, they could be swayed.''06-03-2014
- Katie Waissel: Cheryl Fernandez-Versini's a 'horrible human'
- TNA IMPACT to film six TV episodes in UK
- Louis Walsh confirms he's in talks for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
- Louise Thompson: Spencer Matthews doesn't have feelings
- EastEnders' Dean Gaffney: Wellard Two camera shy
- Carol Kirkwood's losing her sight
- Nadiya Hussain wins Great British Bake Off
- Danielle Armstrong: James Lock and I could still be together