Natalie Gumede not returning to Corrie
Natalie Gumede is not returning to 'Coronation Street'.
The 29-year-old actress, who played Tyrone Dobbs' abusive girlfriend Kirsty Soames, insists she won't be returning to the Manchester-based soap following news that her character will be released from prison.
In a new storyline, Tyrone (Alan Halsall) fears Kirsty is trying to unleash fresh torment on him as he begins receiving suspicious text messages which are signed off by 'K'.
However, it seems Kirsty won't be seen on screen as Natalie isn't returning to the show.
She wrote on Twitter: ''Lots of people asking today if I'm returning to Corrie - no plans to lurk in any Weatherfield shadows or alleyways at the mo :) (sic)''
While Tyrone suspects Kirsty is behind the threatening messages, a soap insider reveals that the true culprit will likely be ''someone closer to home''.
Natalie left the soap last year following a riveting abuse storyline involving ex-police officer Kirsty and Tyrone, which culminated in her being sent to prison.
Tyrone will be seen begging local builder Owen Armstrong (Ian Puleston-Davies) to help secure his house with new locks due to the sinister text messages.
He says: ''I need some work doing urgently - new locks, bolts on the front and back door and a good burglar alarm.
''I've had a call - Kirsty's been released.
''No conditions no warnings, she can just turn up at any time, which is why I need this doing urgently.''06-03-2014
- EastEnders' Diane Parish to celebrate 10 years on soap with bottle of booze
- Ferne McCann's Vampire facial
- Rita Ora sparks The X Factor and The Voice bidding war
- Emmerdale's Adam Fielding quits Emmerdale
- James Norton returns to West End after four years
- Linford Christie quits The Jump
- Mario Falcone wants kids and marriage
- John Middleton uncertain of Emmerdale exit