Joey Essex romance with Sam better without cameras
Joey Essex thinks his relationship with Sam Faiers will be better without the cameras.
The 23-year-old reality star thinks his rekindled romance with his former 'The Only Way Is Essex' co-star could stand a better chance now he is no longer on the show, but insists he won't let her continued stint in the ITV2 series get in the way of their ''genuine'' relationship.
Quizzed if there's a 'TOWIE' relationship curse, Joey exclusively told BANG Showbiz: ''I think people say that, but with me and Sam, we are quite a genuine relationship. People see that and that's why people related to us quite well. So [the show] wouldn't ever get in my way.
''But it's nice to have a bit of personal time [away from the cameras].''
Joey and Sam - who was recently diagnosed with Crohn's disease - endured a very public break-up during their time on the show and a number of their co-stars' relationships have since been rocked by cheating rumours.
But the reality TV hunk isn't convinced all 'TOWIE' relationships cursed.
He mused: ''I'm not in it anymore and since I've been away from 'TOWIE' I haven't had a relationship, so I really can't say why so many people cheat. It is what it is. You go on the show, if you're with someone you're gonna have to do scenes and if things happen, it just happens.''
Joey's new show 'Educating Joey Essex' starts Sunday 16 March on ITV2 at 9pm.13-03-2014
- Carl Fogarty: I'm too 'laid back' for showbusinesses
- Ben Hardy thinks he know who killed Lucy Beale
- Mark Wright: Strictly Come Dancing is tiring
- X Factor winner Ben Haenow wants to front a rock band
- Lucy Mecklenburgh 'dating' Louis Smith
- Jack Whitehall is named King of Comedy for third year running
- Jake Quickenden for Celebrity Big Brother?
- Craig Revel Horwood wonders what Scott Mills is like in bed