Ryan Thomas keen for more storylines
Coronation Street's Ryan Thomas is desperate for more storylines so that he can pay off his debts.
The 29-year-old actor was made bankrupt last year after he failed to pay a £40,000 tax bill, having lost thousands of pounds on failed investments, and although he earns an estimated £90,000 a year on the ITV soap, he's reportedly been pleading with producers to give him more storylines.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''Ryan obviously gets a salary for his role with 'Coronation Street' but most soap stars also get payments for each episode they are in.
''The more they appear on the telly, the more they earn.
''Ryan's had a tough few months but he is getting his finances back on track little by little.''
Ryan - who has played hunky builder Jason Grimshaw on the Manchester-based soap since 2000 - also requested that ITV bosses give him and his 'Emmerdale' star pal, Kelvin Fletcher, a chance to appear alongside each other on the famous cobbles or in the dales.
Writing on Twitter, he said: ''Dear @emmerdale @itvcorrie please could u give me and @kevin_fletcher a storyline, we've waited 15yrs? (sic)''
A source insisted, however, that the tweet - which was sent last month - was ''just a joke'' between the friends and was not ''money orientated''.13-03-2014
- Billie Faiers misses her baby when she goes out
- Joey Essex to play Peter Pan?
- Simon Cowell: Cheryl and Mel B too self-obsessed to win X Factor
- Marnie Simpson regrets getting with Gary Beadle
- Sherlock series four to be 'devastating'
- Benefits Street filming in Stockton-On-Tees
- Jennifer Metcalfe has quit Hollyoaks
- Jenni Falconer wants Holly's This Morning job