The Only Way Is Essex stars told off on set
'The Only Way Is Essex' stars have been scolded for not acting professionally on set.
Certain members of the ITV reality show have reportedly been told off by programme bosses who said they weren't taking the filming of new episodes and promotional material seriously, and were instead fooling around and complaining about the length of time it took to shoot certain scenes.
A source said: ''It became clear that as the cast aren't professional actors, some of them don't understand the fact that if they are late or messing around, it costs time and money and can turn into a bit of a nightmare.
''There was a lot of moaning from everyone about the length of time everything was taking too - which got the backs up of all the other, more professional people on the shoot who had turned up on tim.''
The series - which won a BAFTA award in 2011 - has recently begun its eleventh series, and although many stars such as Mark Wright, Lucy Mecklenburgh and Joey Essex have left the show, veterans including James 'Arg' Argent, Sam Faiers and Chloe Sims remain, but it seems certain members of the current cast are having trouble behaving on set.
The source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''Obviously it wasn't all the cast behaving badly but bosses wanted to ensure everyone received the message.
''The cast were sternly reminded that they are in fortunate positions and that their personalities are their livelihood.''13-03-2014
- John Torode and Lisa Faulkner cook together
- Paul Hollywood 'embarrassed' to be sex symbol
- Daniel O'Donnell partnered with Kristina Rihanoff
- Louis Walsh misses The X Factor
- Caroline Flack and Olly Murs coordinating outfits
- Olly Murs and Caroline Flack chose work over romance
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock fears
- Peter Andre's kids warn him about embarrassing them