Alan Titchmarsh quits chat show
Alan Titchmarsh has quit his chat show.
The 64-year-old star insists the time has come for him to ''move on'' from 'The Alan Titchmarsh Show' after seven years on the popular programme, and consequently he has terminated his £5.5 million-a-year deal.
He said: ''I've thoroughly enjoyed my years at the helm of 'The [Alan] Titchmarsh Show' but I feel the time has now come to move on.
''With some exciting new projects ahead, I'm looking forward to continuing to work with ITV.''
Alan will continue to front ITV's lifestyle gardening programme 'Love Your Garden' and the search for 'Britain's Best Garden'.
'The Alan Titchmarsh Show' had a loyal following of around a million viewers and many fans will be devastated to hear the news.
A source on the afternoon chat show told The Sun newspaper: ''It's a blow as his show still does really well. He's had some great guests, including Prime Minister David Cameron. But he's had enough so it's game over.''
Although the programme is primarily presented by Alan, other stars including Myleene Klass and Claire Richards have presented segments on the show, which is broadcast on weekdays.18-03-2014
- Caroline Flack to quit presenting?
- Mark Wright eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing
- Danny Dyer left feeling 'broken' by EastEnders schedule
- Conchita Wurst to present the Eurovision Song Contest
- Mark Wright feels like he's won Strictly Come Dancing
- Simon Webbe thought about quitting Strictly Come Dancing
- Peter Capaldi: Doctor Who is easiest job
- Vicky Pattison sparks rumours she's engaged