David Tennant, Olivia Colman back to Broadchurch
David Tennant and Olivia Colman will return to 'Broadchurch'.
Jodie Whittaker, who played grieving mother Beth Latimer in the first series of the murder mystery drama, says the two lead stars will both be back for the ITV show's second series - but the rest of the cast have been left in the dark about their future.
She exclusively told BANG Showbiz: ''David and Olivia will obviously be in season two. It doesn't shoot for a few months, I think - middle of the summer sometime.
''None of us know if we're in it, or if we're not in it. It was exciting and wonderful to be a part of, I really enjoyed it, so there's no part of me that wouldn't do it if I was asked.''
The 32-year-old actress has also defended the upcoming US remake of the drama - titled 'Gracepoint' - which will see David reprise his role as TV detective Alec Hardy.
She explained: ''It's exciting that we were in something that did so well that Chris [Chibnall], the writer, has been able to do his project again in a different format. I just think for everyone involved, that's exciting. How exciting to think that a TV series we did has [now] got people like Michael Pena and Nick Nolte and all these extraordinary people in it, doing things that we did but in a different way.
''I find it weird that anyone would not be excited about it. Also for David, it's amazing.''
''It's set in a different place, I'm sure it'll be a similar story but [not the same]. I've seen loads of original things and I've seen loads of remakes, and sometimes remakes are better.''
Jodie then laughed: ''Hopefully it won't be [better]! But it'll just be different.''
'The Smoke' will be available on DVD on 14 April and is currently airing on Sky 1 on Thursdays at 9pm.18-03-2014
- Stevi Ritchie and Chloe Jasmine planning honeymoon to Mauritius
- Cheryl Fernandez-Versini wouldn't welcome Louis Walsh's return
- Charley Webb 'enjoyed' labour
- Cadbury's launch new campaign to find new Milk Tray Man or Woman
- Rylan Clarke pleads with Cheryl Fernandez-Versini to sing at his wedding
- Strictly Come Dancing: Craig Revel Horwood was 'too soft' last year
- Bobby Norris wishes Gemma Collins the best
- David Harewood to play next James Bond?