David Tennant, Olivia Colman back to Broadchurch
David Tennant and Olivia Colman will return to 'Broadchurch'.
Jodie Whittaker, who played grieving mother Beth Latimer in the first series of the murder mystery drama, says the two lead stars will both be back for the ITV show's second series - but the rest of the cast have been left in the dark about their future.
She exclusively told BANG Showbiz: ''David and Olivia will obviously be in season two. It doesn't shoot for a few months, I think - middle of the summer sometime.
''None of us know if we're in it, or if we're not in it. It was exciting and wonderful to be a part of, I really enjoyed it, so there's no part of me that wouldn't do it if I was asked.''
The 32-year-old actress has also defended the upcoming US remake of the drama - titled 'Gracepoint' - which will see David reprise his role as TV detective Alec Hardy.
She explained: ''It's exciting that we were in something that did so well that Chris [Chibnall], the writer, has been able to do his project again in a different format. I just think for everyone involved, that's exciting. How exciting to think that a TV series we did has [now] got people like Michael Pena and Nick Nolte and all these extraordinary people in it, doing things that we did but in a different way.
''I find it weird that anyone would not be excited about it. Also for David, it's amazing.''
''It's set in a different place, I'm sure it'll be a similar story but [not the same]. I've seen loads of original things and I've seen loads of remakes, and sometimes remakes are better.''
Jodie then laughed: ''Hopefully it won't be [better]! But it'll just be different.''
'The Smoke' will be available on DVD on 14 April and is currently airing on Sky 1 on Thursdays at 9pm.18-03-2014
- Stephanie Davis praises Celebrity Big Brother for saving her life after attempted suicide
- Sir David Attenborough turned down Sir Terry Wogan for a job
- Coronation Street's Carla Connor hit with twisted blackmail plot
- Christopher Biggins to quit pantomime
- Gogglebox's George Gilbey to become a dad
- EastEnders' Ben Mitchell hit with baby bombshell
- Jake Wood named UK's Weirdest Crush for second time
- Ollie Locke to film top secret show in South America