Jennifer Saunders to host Have I Got News for You
Jennifer Saunders will host the first show in the new series of 'Have I Got News for You'.
The 'Absolutely Fabulous' star - who first appeared as a guest on the panel show in 2013 - will join team captains Ian Hislop and Paul Merton when the satirical comedy show returns to BBC One on April 4.
The 55-year-old actress said: ''It's thrilling to have worked up the courage to take on 'Have I Got News for You' and I shall pitch myself somewhere safely between Kirsty Young and Kathy Burke.''
'Have I Got News for You' returns for its landmark 47th series next month with nine brand new episodes. Further host and guest names are to be announced.
The political comedy is based loosely on the BBC Radio 4 show 'The News Quiz', and has been regularly broadcast since 1990.
Throughout the years a number of stars, including Clare Balding, Jimmy Carr, Eddie Izzard and Marcus Brigstocke, have made multiple appearances on the show.
Last year, the 55-year-old comedienne slammed the BBC for splashing out on expensive lunches and chauffeur-driven journeys, describing the corporation as an ''executive-run place for idiots''.18-03-2014
- Richard Madeley: Sex is the key to a happy marriage
- Ben Hardy receives 'inappropriate' messages from men
- Katie Price won't audition for X Factor
- Kym Marsh to move in with new toyboy lover?
- Catherine Tyldesley: Eva is more 'vulnerable'
- Ola Jordan learnt English by watching EastEnders
- Alesha Dixon wants talk show
- Jessie J: Voice viewers need to vote on talent