Made in Chelsea for New York spin-off
E4 has commissioned a 'Made in Chelsea' spin-off set in New York.
The cast of the hit reality show will travel to the Big Apple this summer for a brand new standalone series, 'Made in Chelsea: New York', which will air across six episodes in August.
Sarah Dillistone of Monkey Productions said: ''We're very excited about the world of 'Made in Chelsea' travelling America. New York has a scene buzzing and sophisticated enough to rival Chelsea, so it feels like the next natural step. We're going to see the cast out of their bubble for the first time since the show began and I'm sure the result will be nothing like we've seen before.''
It's not yet known which cast members will jet to New York, but Louise Thompson says the London socialites are ''over-excited'' at the thought of filming in America.
She told Digital Spy: ''[The producers] have got lots of options. We're all getting really, really over-excited about it, but nothing has been confirmed yet.
''It's basically going to be as dramatic and as cool as filming here, but in an equally cool city - if not more exciting.''
In addition to the New York-based series, the cast - which includes lothario Spencer Matthews and Jamie Laing - will return to screens in April for the BAFTA-winning show's seventh series.
'Chelsea' addicts will be able to watch the show on Mondays at 10pm on E4, but for the first time viewers can catch an exclusive first look at each episode 48 hours before it airs through Channel 4's online streaming service, 4OD.18-03-2014
- Coronation Street: Tisha Merry wants to educate on revenge porn
- Prince Andrew's ex-girlfriend to join Celebrity Big Brother?
- Stephanie Davis for Celebrity Big Brother?
- Benedict Cumberbatch had Victorian Sherlock doubts
- Sir Michael Caine's age almost made him quit acting
- Lady Colin Campbell plots revenge
- Ant and Dec starstruck by Kieron Dyer
- Tina O'Brien doesn't let daughter watch Coronation Street