EastEnders' Charlie Cotton raises suspicion at funeral
'EastEnders' newcomer Charlie Cotton will raise suspicion as Dot Branning prepares for her son's funeral next week.
Dot - played by June Brown - recently learned her wayward offspring Nick Cotton has died and is determined for him to be brought home to Albert Square before being buried.
The Walford matriarch tasks her long-lost grandson Charlie (Declan Bennett) with bringing Nick home, but having prepared herself to view the body, she is dismayed to discover the coffin is screwed shut.
When Dot requests for the lid to be unscrewed, Charlie and funeral director Les Coker begin behaving oddly, suggesting all is not as it seems.
A source told Inside Soap magazine: ''Why should it matter to them that Dot wants to have a final moment with Nick? Surely, given the state Dot is in, they'd want to help ease her grief in any way they could. It's quite odd.''
The residents of Walford will rally around Dot in her time of need, even though many of them despised villainous Nick, played by John Altman. Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt) is even tasked with writing a eulogy for the man who burned down his café in 2009.
The insider added: ''Whatever Nick did, everyone loves Dot and they want to be there for her. If Nick could see them all he'd cackle up a storm, but his mum is precious to many.''19-03-2014
- Craig Revel Horwood wants Ola Jordan's calendars banned
- Drake offered to finance Top Boy series three
- The Great British Bake Off's Tamal to quit baking?
- Chris Evans on Top Gear changes
- Danny Dyer gives on-screen son stick for not drinking
- Suzanne Shaw welcomes baby boy
- Michael Parr's fans send rude selfies
- Lord Alan Sugar 'can't wait' to see Arnold Schwarzenegger 'c**k up'