Big Reunion girl bands for own tour?
'The Big Reunion' girl bands could be in line for their own tour after being snubbed from the upcoming boy band tour.
5ive singer Scott Robinson claims bands including Atomic Kitten, Girl Thing and Eternal may embark on their own tour following news that concert promoters have decided to cash in on strong ticket sales among women by launching a tour solely featuring boy bands such as Blue, 5ive, 3T, Damage, A1 and 5th Story.
He told BANG Showbiz: ''I'm sure there's talks ... I'm sure the girls will get an opportunity to do a tour as well.
''At the end of the day, we're excited about this tour, it's great for the fans to be able to see the boy bands together as a collective. And if there was a girls tour, it would be the same for people wanting to see the girls. I'm sure there'll be other shows where we inter-mingle again.''
'The Big Reunion - The Boy Band Tour' will take place in October and it seems there may be some competition among the bands over who will headline the concerts.
Sean Conlon of 5ive said: ''In reality, it'd have to be 5ive or Blue. I'd edge towards 5ive. Blue have been touring on their own, we've been lucky enough to do our own theatre tour in England and Australia, so we've got a lot out of our system. We can't believe we got to play an arena tour last time. It's more of a bonus, really, that we're getting to do this.''
And the bands haven't ruled out joining each other onstage.
Scott added: ''Antony [Costa] might come and do a song with us one night, and I might do a couple of songs with Blue.''
Tickets for 'The Big Reunion - The Boy Band Tour' go on sale tomorrow (22.03.14).21-03-2014
- Jimi Mistry wore fireproof underwear on Coronation Street
- Aaron Frew speaks out about Big Brother exit
- Zayn Malik's former love interest for Love Island
- William Roache called a Anne Kirkbride a 'love bomb'
- Zoella set to be Xtra Factor presenter
- 'Lee Ryan caused Blue to miss Mark Wright and Michelle Keegan's wedding'
- Billi Mucklow embracing her curves during pregnancy
- Chris Ramsey: Meeting Tom Hanks was like meeting God