Big Reunion girl bands for own tour?
'The Big Reunion' girl bands could be in line for their own tour after being snubbed from the upcoming boy band tour.
5ive singer Scott Robinson claims bands including Atomic Kitten, Girl Thing and Eternal may embark on their own tour following news that concert promoters have decided to cash in on strong ticket sales among women by launching a tour solely featuring boy bands such as Blue, 5ive, 3T, Damage, A1 and 5th Story.
He told BANG Showbiz: ''I'm sure there's talks ... I'm sure the girls will get an opportunity to do a tour as well.
''At the end of the day, we're excited about this tour, it's great for the fans to be able to see the boy bands together as a collective. And if there was a girls tour, it would be the same for people wanting to see the girls. I'm sure there'll be other shows where we inter-mingle again.''
'The Big Reunion - The Boy Band Tour' will take place in October and it seems there may be some competition among the bands over who will headline the concerts.
Sean Conlon of 5ive said: ''In reality, it'd have to be 5ive or Blue. I'd edge towards 5ive. Blue have been touring on their own, we've been lucky enough to do our own theatre tour in England and Australia, so we've got a lot out of our system. We can't believe we got to play an arena tour last time. It's more of a bonus, really, that we're getting to do this.''
And the bands haven't ruled out joining each other onstage.
Scott added: ''Antony [Costa] might come and do a song with us one night, and I might do a couple of songs with Blue.''
Tickets for 'The Big Reunion - The Boy Band Tour' go on sale tomorrow (22.03.14).21-03-2014
- Katie Waissel: Cheryl Fernandez-Versini's a 'horrible human'
- TNA IMPACT to film six TV episodes in UK
- Louis Walsh confirms he's in talks for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
- Louise Thompson: Spencer Matthews doesn't have feelings
- EastEnders' Dean Gaffney: Wellard Two camera shy
- Carol Kirkwood's losing her sight
- Nadiya Hussain wins Great British Bake Off
- Danielle Armstrong: James Lock and I could still be together