Charlie Brooks: I love Janine getting away with murder
Charlie Brooks loves that Janine Butcher has got away with murder again.
The 'EastEnders' villain was cleared of murdering husband Michael Moon in last night's (20.03.14) dramatic episode of the BBC One soap, and Charlie - who is set to leave 'EastEnders' following the conclusion of the storyline - is glad her character was found not guilty.
Janine previously got away with murdering first husband Barry Evans after pushing him off a cliff in 2004.
Charlie told the official 'EastEnders' website: ''I love that she's kind of getting away with murder again ... I love that.
''But the fact is that it was self-defence and that he would have killed her if she hadn't have killed him. And there I go defending her again but it's true.''
Charlie previously claimed she hasn't ruled out a return to 'EastEnders' in future as she'd hate to not play Janine again.
She said: ''I've loved my time on the show and I would hate to think that I might never get to play Janine again. However, it's time for a new challenge in my life.''
In addition to Janine, co-defendant Alice Branning (Jasmyn Banks) was found not guilty of murdering Michael in last night's episode.21-03-2014
- Katie Waissel: Cheryl Fernandez-Versini's a 'horrible human'
- TNA IMPACT to film six TV episodes in UK
- Louis Walsh confirms he's in talks for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
- Louise Thompson: Spencer Matthews doesn't have feelings
- EastEnders' Dean Gaffney: Wellard Two camera shy
- Carol Kirkwood's losing her sight
- Nadiya Hussain wins Great British Bake Off
- Danielle Armstrong: James Lock and I could still be together