Charlie Brooks: I love Janine getting away with murder
Charlie Brooks loves that Janine Butcher has got away with murder again.
The 'EastEnders' villain was cleared of murdering husband Michael Moon in last night's (20.03.14) dramatic episode of the BBC One soap, and Charlie - who is set to leave 'EastEnders' following the conclusion of the storyline - is glad her character was found not guilty.
Janine previously got away with murdering first husband Barry Evans after pushing him off a cliff in 2004.
Charlie told the official 'EastEnders' website: ''I love that she's kind of getting away with murder again ... I love that.
''But the fact is that it was self-defence and that he would have killed her if she hadn't have killed him. And there I go defending her again but it's true.''
Charlie previously claimed she hasn't ruled out a return to 'EastEnders' in future as she'd hate to not play Janine again.
She said: ''I've loved my time on the show and I would hate to think that I might never get to play Janine again. However, it's time for a new challenge in my life.''
In addition to Janine, co-defendant Alice Branning (Jasmyn Banks) was found not guilty of murdering Michael in last night's episode.21-03-2014
- Ricky Wilson 'needs a holiday'
- Max George wants role in British soap opera
- Kanye West 'refused to chat to Jonathan Ross'
- Dan Osborne gets daughter's name tattooed on his torso
- Fearne Cotton is pregnant and leaving BBC Radio 1
- Dynamo wants Prince Charles to support him on tour
- TFI Friday to return for anniversary special
- Kevin Spacey wants to make House of Cards blooper reel