Joey Essex to get his own TV show
Joey Essex could get his own TV show in the style of 'An Idiot Abroad'.
Bosses at ITV2 are ''desperate'' to sign him up to a full series after the success of his one-off documentary 'Educating Joey Essex', which saw him travel to Africa to learn about different cultures.
The former 'The Only Way Is Essex' star is being lined up to appear in a programme which will send him around the world, similar to Karl Pilkington's adventures in the hit Sky 1 show.
An insider told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''It's early stages but it rapidly became clear while filming 'Educating Joey Essex' that it was going to be TV gold and ITV2 is absolutely desperate to get him signed up for more.
''The show is going to be like 'An Idiot Abroad'. Think Joey being dumped in the middle of a remote part of Australia or in the centre of buzzing Tokyo - it would completely blow his mind.
The source added: ''Joey loved filming his show in Africa and he is up for anything, really - even going to places he cannot necessarily pronounce.''
The 27-year-old star has also released his 'Essex Anthems' compilation CD, which is set for chart success, and his autobiography will be released in May.
Meanwhile, Joey's former 'TOWIE' co-star Mark Wright is struggling to pull in viewers for his new show 'Party Wright Around the World' after figures dropped from 350,000 for its first episode to 206,000 last week.21-03-2014
- Louise Thompson wants to go on date with Eminem
- Simon Webbe wanted Blue competition on Strictly Come Dancing
- X Factor plan shock elimination
- Miquita Oliver: I'll weep if Bieber cleans up at 4Music awards
- Ricky Rayment taking a break from Twitter
- Nick Grimshaw wants Joan Rivers to come back from the dead
- Lauren Goodger to pose topless
- Steven Ugoalah thinks he's going to be a millionaire