Johnny Vegas to return to Benidorm
Johnny Vegas is to return to 'Benidorm'.
The 42-year-old comedian - who starred in the ITV show from 2007 to 2009 - is set to make a comeback to the sitcom next year as his well-loved character Geoff Maltby, alongside Crissy Rock, who will play Janey York again, and Elsie Kelly as Noreen Maltby.
Show favourites Sherrie Hewson, who plays manageress Joyce Temple Savage, Tim Healy, who plays Les/Lesley, and Jake Canuso, who plays hunky bar worker Mateo, will return to the Spanish Solana resort as usual.
The ITV director of entertainment Elaine Bedell said:''After another successful run on screen we're thrilled that a new series is about to start shooting on location in Spain.
''We're equally pleased that some familiar faces from the Solana's past will be making a welcome return to the sunshine.''
Meanwhile, Sheila Reid who has played acid-tongued, chain-smoking Madge Harvey in all six series is set to leave the show next year along with her co-stars Siobhan Finneran, who plays her on-screen daughter Janice Garvey, and Steve Pemberton, who stars as her long-suffering son-in-law Mick.
Their teenage son Michael - played by Oliver Stokes - is also being written out, but script writer Derren Litten has promised the well-loved family will leave on a high.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''It's a huge shame the Garveys are leaving because they've been in every series and the fans love them, but writer Derren Litten is excited about their exit storyline.
''He wants them to leave with a bang -- though he'll definitely leave the door open for them to return.''21-03-2014
- Coronation Street: Tisha Merry wants to educate on revenge porn
- Prince Andrew's ex-girlfriend to join Celebrity Big Brother?
- Stephanie Davis for Celebrity Big Brother?
- Benedict Cumberbatch had Victorian Sherlock doubts
- Sir Michael Caine's age almost made him quit acting
- Lady Colin Campbell plots revenge
- Ant and Dec starstruck by Kieron Dyer
- Tina O'Brien doesn't let daughter watch Coronation Street