Johnny Vegas to return to Benidorm
Johnny Vegas is to return to 'Benidorm'.
The 42-year-old comedian - who starred in the ITV show from 2007 to 2009 - is set to make a comeback to the sitcom next year as his well-loved character Geoff Maltby, alongside Crissy Rock, who will play Janey York again, and Elsie Kelly as Noreen Maltby.
Show favourites Sherrie Hewson, who plays manageress Joyce Temple Savage, Tim Healy, who plays Les/Lesley, and Jake Canuso, who plays hunky bar worker Mateo, will return to the Spanish Solana resort as usual.
The ITV director of entertainment Elaine Bedell said:''After another successful run on screen we're thrilled that a new series is about to start shooting on location in Spain.
''We're equally pleased that some familiar faces from the Solana's past will be making a welcome return to the sunshine.''
Meanwhile, Sheila Reid who has played acid-tongued, chain-smoking Madge Harvey in all six series is set to leave the show next year along with her co-stars Siobhan Finneran, who plays her on-screen daughter Janice Garvey, and Steve Pemberton, who stars as her long-suffering son-in-law Mick.
Their teenage son Michael - played by Oliver Stokes - is also being written out, but script writer Derren Litten has promised the well-loved family will leave on a high.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''It's a huge shame the Garveys are leaving because they've been in every series and the fans love them, but writer Derren Litten is excited about their exit storyline.
''He wants them to leave with a bang -- though he'll definitely leave the door open for them to return.''21-03-2014
- Cilla Black 'willed herself to die', according to Terry McCann
- Louis Tomlinson would 'love to judge' on The X Factor
- Cilla Black found dead by son Robert
- Charley Webb bans son from watching Emmerdale
- Sir Cliff Richard pays tribute to Cilla Black
- Declan Donnelly congratulated by Pope and Prince Charles
- Cheryl Fernandez-Versini still fighting with Simon Cowell
- Paul O'Grady pays tribute to Cilla Black