Les Dennis can't wait to film in Rovers Return
Les Dennis can't wait to film scenes in the Rovers Return.
The comedian is set to join the cast of 'Coronation Street' as Michael Rodwell, who is introduced when he burgles Gail Platt (Helen Worth)'s home, and he says he's incredibly excited to shoot a scene in the ITV soap's famous pub.
He said: ''It's been a complete whirlwind. I got the call to come in on a Monday, then did a screen test the following week with Helen Worth before filming. That was awe-inspiring - but when I get to enter the Rovers, I'll be like Charlie in the chocolate factory.''
Les, 60, is a life-long 'Corrie' fan and was like a kid in a candy store when he arrived on the cobbled set in Manchester.
He revealed to Inside Soap magazine: ''I've loved 'Coronation Street' since I was a kid and watched it from the beginning. When I got here, I was thinking, 'I don't know if I'm allowed to take photos or anything!' I was kind of trying to behave. But I now have a picture of myself outside the Rovers, which I was thrilled about.
''Walking down the corridors and seeing all the actors' names on the dressing room doors, I was gasping. All those legends!''21-03-2014
- Prince Charles pays tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- Coronation Street's Helen Worth 'delighted' by Tina O'Brien return
- Chloe Sims felt 'suffocated' by Elliot Wright
- Thom Evans 'plans to launch acting career'
- Ben Haenow plans to propose
- Gemma Collins quits TOWIE
- Miranda Hart announces end of BBC sitcom
- Tina O'Brien returning to Coronation Street