Kylie Minogue to quit The Voice
Kylie Minogue will quit 'The Voice' after this year's final.
The 'I Should Be So Lucky' hitmaker joined the TV talent show at the beginning of the current series and helped boost ratings, but now she has admitted her touring schedule might not allow her to return as a coach when filming starts again in November.
She told The Sun newspaper: ''I'm touring later this year and the timings wouldn't work.
''We started filming in November last year and I'm on tour in September, October and November this year ... I have loved doing the show although there have been parts that have been really emotional.''
Asked whether she would go back if the BBC changed the filming schedule to fit her in, Kylie said it was something she'd consider.
She added: ''I would have to think about it.''
With the show selling itself as a competition purely about vocals, the 45-year-old star has insisted sexiness also helps.
She explained: ''Charisma is important and that is often very close to someone being sexy.''
Meanwhile, the BBC has revealed they will do their best to ''accommodate'' Kylie's tour dates as they plan for the next series.
A spokesperson said: ''We are aware of Kylie's commitments and are looking to accommodate them.''22-03-2014
- Shane Warne 'would consider' dating show
- ITV to steal The Voice from the BBC?
- EastEnders: Abi and Stacey in fight
- Brian Dowling gets hitched in Ireland
- Jodi Albert feels mother living on through baby son
- Jenson Button to join Chris Evans on Top Gear?
- Nick Grimshaw wants Shaggy to voice The X Factor
- Matt Lucas' inspirational letter to young alopecia sufferer