The Voice's Will.i.am wants feisty contestants
Will.i.am wants 'The Voice' contestants to fight for their ''passion''.
The star is a coach on the TV talent show, and he suggested his three starstruck contestants - Sophie May Williams, Jermain Jackman and Iesher Haughton - have to be ready to ''argue'' if they think they know best.
Speaking to The Sun newspaper's TV Magazine, he said: ''None of them would argue with a seasoned professional. It's as if they haven't been out in the world yet.
''There's something beautiful about that greenness but, at the same time, there's something fragile about it too.
''When I was their age, I would argue. I was like, 'This is what I want to do. There's nothing you can tell me about my passion. I'm gonna get there.' ''
The Black Eyed Peas singer cares about the hopefuls on his team, and Sophie May insisted he is ''super intelligent'' when it comes to giving advice.
She added: ''He's super intelligent. When he talks to me I'm like: 'I wonder what's going on in your brain?'
''He said to me: 'You know what you're doing, I'll just guide you.' ''22-03-2014
- Ryan Thomas missing his girlfriend?
- Katherine Dow Blyton killing Emmerdale 'magic'
- Ukip candidate kicked off Gogglebox
- Solomon Akhtar relieved to be fired from The Apprentice
- Alesha Dixon dreams of emulating Oprah Winfrey
- Jim Davidson: I was 'depressed' in CBB
- Frankie Bridge: I don't feel like I've 'mastered' dancing
- Carl Fogarty: I'm too 'laid back' for showbusinesses