Jeremy Kyle set for celebrity chat show
Jeremy Kyle is set for his own celebrity chat show.
The TV presenter - who hosts his own programme in which he helps members of the public resolve their personal issues - is in line to expand his presence on daytime TV with a more prominent role.
An insider told the Sunday Mirror newspaper: ''It will have a similar feel to 'Piers Morgan Life Stories' and will explore the troubled pasts of celebrities ... Everyone is tremendously excited that Jeremy's role is expanding.
''He is a huge asset to the channel and the viewers love him. He's very talented and fans will be pleased to see a lot more of him and bosses are confident his new role with strengthen the daytime schedule.''
The new programme won't impact on his current show, with plans for it to air at 2pm following 'The Jeremy Kyle Show' at 9.25am.
A spokesman for ITV confirmed: ''A series of Jeremy Kyle celebrity special shows will air later this year in an afternoon slot alongside his successful morning show.''
The star will begin filming for the five-part series next month.23-03-2014
- The Apprentice winner Mark Wright wants role as Lord Sugar's new sidekick
- Sarah-Jane Crawford to holiday with Simon Cowell
- Call The Midwife nuns are atheists
- Amanda Holden has Christmas spreadsheets
- Mark Wright 'shaken' by Bianca Miller's confidence
- Helen Flanagan is pregnant
- Mark Wright wins The Apprentice
- Ben Haenow claims Christmas number one spot