EastEnders' Lucy Beale hides secret in run-up to death
EastEnders' Lucy Beale is to hide a big secret in the build-up to her death.
The bossy blonde - played by Hetti Bywater - will find herself in a sticky situation next week after Lauren Branning (Jacqueline Joss) suspects there's something going on between her and Jake Stone (Jamie Lomas).
During a night out to celebrate Lauren's birthday, the brunette stunner - who has also dated Jake - snoops through Lucy's phone for confirmation her friend is secretly romancing the alcoholic.
However, when the businesswoman catches Lauren searching through her phone, she convinces her that nothing is going, although it's clear she's hiding something.
Later on, Lucy receives a mysterious call and she then concocts a plan, which involves her fighting with Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty), to flee the party.
As Lucy leaves the celebratory bash, Jake is preparing a romantic dinner for two at his house, which sparks suspicion that she's off to meet the former chef.
Meanwhile, Lucy is set to be killed off this Spring after she's brutally murdered by a fellow Walford resident.
However, bosses are keen for the chilling storyline to be as big as the 'Who Shot Phil Mitchell?' plot in 2001, so they are withholding the killer's identity until next February.
Jake is also being written out of the soap this summer after bosses refused to renew Jamie's one-year contract.25-03-2014
- Nadia Sawalha evicted from 'Celebrity Big Brother'
- Piers Linney has quit Dragons' Den
- Sir David Jason thanks family values for Only Fools and Horses success
- Chris Evans in 'the middle of tests' for prostate cancer
- Zoe Ball to present EastEnders aftermath show
- Julie Walters refused to play 'downstairs' role in Downton Abbey
- Hayley Tamaddon dating Joe Tracini
- Jodie Kidd splits from David Blakeley