Charlie Condou would return to Coronation Street
Charlie Condou might return to 'Coronation Street'.
The 41-year-old actor - who plays bisexual Marcus Dent - will bow out of the ITV soap this summer in a bid to spend more time with his family in London, but he hasn't ruled out reprising his role in future if his career doesn't take off.
He said: ''I've got a bit more time [left]. I'm not leaving until June, so I think I'm on screen until August or something like that. They told me that nothing hideous is going to happen!
''It's a bit early for me to start meeting on things yet, but there's a few things that are around and about, so hopefully I'll get a job!
''You look at people like Kate Kelly (Becky McDonald) who's in 'Mr Selfridge' now and Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley Cropper) who's just left and is now doing so many things. Hopefully there'll be life after 'Corrie'.
''They're leaving it open for me anyway, so if there isn't, hopefully I can come back!''
Viewers saw Marcus face backlash from fellow residents recently after he settled down with Maria Connor (Samia Ghadie) and her young son Liam, and then cheated on her with badboy Todd Grimshaw (Bruno Langley).
Speaking on ITV's breakfast show 'Lorraine', he said: ''He's always wanted a family. I think he got caught up in all of that and he wanted to be a family - and I think he did love Maria. I think he really loved her, but it wasn't to be.''28-03-2014
- ITV bosses announce six more series of 'TOWIE'
- Olivia Colman wasn't offered work for six months after Broadchurch
- Kristina Rihanoff's former dance partner brands her a 'wild cat'
- Lauren Goodger so anxious she worries about dying
- Davina McCall says her husband is 'very romantic'
- Andy Jordan won't be on Made in Chelsea LA
- Louis Walsh wanted to quit The X Factor two years ago
- Vicky Pattison: Me going to rehab is 'laughable'