Nicola McLean: I'll 'always' have eating disorder
Nicola McLean will ''always'' suffer with an eating disorder.
The 32-year-old model admits she starved herself for a week after she saw photographs of herself last Christmas, and she believes she'll never be able to shake off her negative feelings towards food.
She said: '' My youngest memory of an eating disorder is when I was 11, I think I'll always suffer. I just can't ever see a time where I can eat normally.
''The phobia gets bigger and bigger and bigger until it takes over one's life.''
She added: ''When I saw those pictures, I didn't eat for seven days, not one thing passed my mouth. I lived off Diet Coke and Prosecco.''
The blonde beauty believes her obsession with food got worse after she became a mother to sons Rocky, seven, and Striker, four.
She explained: ''Becoming a mother didn't help either, I actually got worse after Striker and dropped to six stone. I lost half my body weight in six months.''
However, Nicola credits her sons and her footballer husband Tom Williams for helping her with her disorder.
She told the Daily Star online: ''Apart from the kids, Tom has been my saviour. It's bad because people say you should never be dependent on someone, but I can't live without him. I'm obsessed.''28-03-2014
- Mel B axed from X Factor because of Stephen Belafonte?
- Susanna Reid doesn't get starstruck
- Chris Gascoyne returning to Corrie for Deirdre's funeral
- Richard Hammond is 'not about to quit' his mates
- Matt Smith 'in talks to play Prince Philip in The Crown'
- MasterChef contestant compared to Mr Monopoly
- Celebrity Big Brother star diagnosed with cancer
- Scientologists make Louis Theroux movie