Nicola McLean: I'll 'always' have eating disorder
Nicola McLean will ''always'' suffer with an eating disorder.
The 32-year-old model admits she starved herself for a week after she saw photographs of herself last Christmas, and she believes she'll never be able to shake off her negative feelings towards food.
She said: '' My youngest memory of an eating disorder is when I was 11, I think I'll always suffer. I just can't ever see a time where I can eat normally.
''The phobia gets bigger and bigger and bigger until it takes over one's life.''
She added: ''When I saw those pictures, I didn't eat for seven days, not one thing passed my mouth. I lived off Diet Coke and Prosecco.''
The blonde beauty believes her obsession with food got worse after she became a mother to sons Rocky, seven, and Striker, four.
She explained: ''Becoming a mother didn't help either, I actually got worse after Striker and dropped to six stone. I lost half my body weight in six months.''
However, Nicola credits her sons and her footballer husband Tom Williams for helping her with her disorder.
She told the Daily Star online: ''Apart from the kids, Tom has been my saviour. It's bad because people say you should never be dependent on someone, but I can't live without him. I'm obsessed.''28-03-2014
- EastEnders' Mick Carter arrested for kerb crawling
- Peter Capaldi didn't want Doctor Who flirting
- Geordie Shore stars banned from filming in US
- Carol Cleveland for Strictly Come Dancing?
- Vicky Pattison wants marriage
- Bellamy Young against Scandal romance
- David Walliams wants X Factor job
- Lauren Goodger feels 'betrayed' by sex tape leak