Nigella Lawson had 'layer of skin removed' after divorce
Nigella Lawson feels like she's had a ''layer of skin removed'' following her divorce from Charles Saatchi.
The TV chef admits she felt venerable during her split from the millionaire art collector last year, and the heartbreaking experience has made her even more ''sensitive''.
She explained: ''The real truth is if you don't read things and don't get too involved it doesn't enter your bloodstream. If it doesn't enter you bloodstream you are not contaminated. What I have found is it has given me a far too sensitised reaction to newspapers.
''We all like gossiping in our own lives so I don't take a lofty view. I just perhaps feel having had a layer of skin removed I am more sensitive to other people's fortunes.''
However, the 54-year-old beauty insists the shocking events, which saw photographs emerge of Charles choking Nigella at a restaurant in London last summer, have put things into perspective for her.
During an appearance on 'The Michael McIntyre Chat Show', she explained to the 38-year-old comedian: ''I'm alive and I've found somewhere to live. I have had better times, it is spring and I am feeling better and I am very happy to be here.
''I have been alive for longer than you so I know life has its dips and it can get better and you can't fight it.''
Nigella and Charles tied the knot in 2003, but their 10-year marriage came to an end in July last year after the businessman filed for divorce seven weeks after the shocking photographs were published.
'The Michael McIntyre Chat Show' airs on BBC One on Monday (31.03.14) at 10.35pm.28-03-2014
- Beth Tweddle takes first 'assisted' steps after back surgery
- Steve Jones to host raunchy reboot of Sex Box
- Mike Berry auditions for The Voice
- EastEnders' Martin Fowler and baby Arthur involved in horror smash
- Scotty T's four-day booze bender
- Stephanie Davis and Jeremy McConnell have date night
- Mario Falcone will never find girl he loves as much as Lucy Mecklenburgh
- Sam Faiers loses stone of baby weight