Ruth Jones in talks for Stella series 5
Ruth Jones is in talks for series five of 'Stella'.
Contrary to reports claiming the hit Sky sitcom will come to end after series four, the show's co-creator insists she has no plans to pull the plug on her colourful characters from the fictional Welsh village Pontyberry any time soon.
She said: ''Far from it being the end of 'Stella', we are talking to Sky about doing a fifth series.''
Ruth, who writes and stars in the comedy drama, admits her company Tidy Productions, which she founded with David Peet, is also teaming up with the BBC for other projects but they will also continue to work with Sky.
She explained: ''It's true that Tidy Productions is developing other projects, including a comedy and a comedy drama for the BBC written by myself and David Peet, which we're really excited about.
''But we love working with Sky and we love 'Stella'. You certainly haven't seen the last of her. She's from Pontyberry after all -and made of stronger stuff!''
Meanwhile, Sky admit their main focus is giving viewers a fantastic fourth series and a christmas special.
A spokesman for Sky said: ''Right now we're all focussed on delivering a great Christmas special and fourth series for 2015. We're incredibly proud of the series and love working with Ruth Jones. We're in talks regarding a fifth series of 'Stella' and when we have further news we will let you know.''
- Carl Fogarty: I'm too 'laid back' for showbusinesses
- Ben Hardy thinks he know who killed Lucy Beale
- Mark Wright: Strictly Come Dancing is tiring
- X Factor winner Ben Haenow wants to front a rock band
- Lucy Mecklenburgh 'dating' Louis Smith
- Jack Whitehall is named King of Comedy for third year running
- Jake Quickenden for Celebrity Big Brother?
- Craig Revel Horwood wonders what Scott Mills is like in bed