Max Branning a suspect in Lucy Beale murder
EastEnders' Max Branning will become a suspect in the upcoming murder of Lucy Beale.
The womaniser - played by Jake Wood - will become the prime focus in the chilling case after it was revealed in last night's (03.04.14) episode that he's been having an affair with the 20-year-old businesswoman (Hetti Bywater).
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''This development is really set to put the cat amongst the pigeons in Albert Square.
''It will shock many viewers and also put Max closer that anyone to Lucy just weeks before she is killed.''
This isn't the first time Max has struck up a relationship with a younger woman as he also had an affair with his late son Bradley's wife Stacey Branning (Lacey Turner) in 2007.
However, the news that Max is sleeping with Lucy could be enough to turn his recovering alcoholic daughter Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa), who is close friends with the blonde beauty, back to her old ways.
The source explained: ''If Lucy's friend Lauren finds out it could be enough to send her back to the bottle. She will really struggle to cope.''
Lucy will leave Walford later this month after she's brutally slaughtered by a fellow resident, but bosses are remaining tight-lipped on the identity of the killer until next February.04-04-2014
- Katie Price watches ex-husband Peter Andre on Strictly Come Dancing
- Anton Stephans: Nick Grimshaw's on my Christmas list
- Ben Haenow was 'locked' in Simon Cowell's basement
- Duncan Bannatyne's girlfriend slams Lady Colin Campbell
- Coronation Street: Tisha Merry wants to educate on revenge porn
- Prince Andrew's ex-girlfriend to join Celebrity Big Brother?
- Stephanie Davis for Celebrity Big Brother?
- Benedict Cumberbatch had Victorian Sherlock doubts