Bruce Forsyth relieved to reveal Strictly Come Dancing exit
Sir Bruce Forsyth is ''glad'' his 'Strictly Come Dancing' exit is ''out in the open''.
The veteran entertainer has stepped down as the host of the ballroom competition - which he has presented since it first began in 2004 - after constant rumours about his future and admitted he thought about quitting at the end of the last series.
He told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''I'm so glad it's all out in the open. I've been leaving this show since the first series.
''I was thinking about it during the last show. Is this the right time to leave? You've got to leave sometime.
'''Strictly' has been wonderful and it was so big last year but on the last show I thought 'maybe this should be the one.' ''
The 86-year-old star was pondering his decision during a winter break in the Caribbean, and insisted it was his choice rather a suggested move from the BBC.
He added: ''I was thinking about it all the time. I've just got back and I've really realised the time is now.
''It's my decision, there have been no meetings, but I was so pleased they asked me to come back for the Christmas special and 'Children in Need'. I'm certainly not retiring.''
Bruce revealed that when he broke the news to co-host Tess Daly, she didn't take very well and he likened it to the end of a relationship.
He said: ''When I told her she started to cry, it was like a boyfriend breaking up with a girlfriend.''05-04-2014
- Fearne Cotton is pregnant and leaving BBC Radio 1
- Dynamo wants Prince Charles to support him on tour
- TFI Friday to return for anniversary special
- Kevin Spacey wants to make House of Cards blooper reel
- Gemma Atkinson to be 'Del Boy' of Emmerdale
- Dan Osborne interviewed by police
- Nev Schulman wants UK version of Catfish
- Ferne McCann: I hate confrontation