Kylie Minogue joined The Voice because of will.i.am
Kylie Minogue says will.i.am influenced her decision to join 'The Voice'.
The 'I Should Be So Lucky' hitmaker has revealed her fellow judge convinced her it was a step in the right direction given how much he learned about himself on the show.
She told the Daily Express newspaper's Saturday magazine: ''The producers told me all the statistics about how being on the show would boost my record sales, but I'd heard it all before.
''I said, 'That's great, but my question is to Will - how has the experience of being a coach on 'The Voice' impacted on you?'
''He said he learned a lot about himself and how he reacts with his audience, and it's true. You have no option but to be yourself, and it's kind of liberating. At the end of a 13-hour day, when there's still all those cameras about, there's nowhere to hide. You have to let go.''
Appearing on the TV show was a ''new experience'' for Kylie, but she is glad she took a chance by accepting the role.
She added: ''Overall, it is a great new experience and it has forced my to do something that I have kind of avoided for such a long time. And it is a lot of fun!
''I've had a lot of experiences, but I haven't had an experience like this.
''I thought, 'What's the worst that can happen? You make a fool of yourself, but I've already done that over and over and over again, anyway. Let's try it'. And actually, it's been great!''05-04-2014
- Steve Backshall wanted Anton du Beke as Strictly Come Dancing partner
- Kendra Wilkinson brands Edwina Currie a 'heartless ass politician'
- Jake Wood is missing his kids
- Simon Cowell to quit X Factor?
- Charlie Higson writing Jekyll and Hyde drama
- Michelle Gomez: Doctor Who has got me free food
- John Altman releasing Christmas single
- Gino D'Acampo doubts Celebrity Juice return