Simon Cowell: Britain's Got Talent parents are 'competitive'
Simon Cowell says the 'Britain's Got Talent' judges are ''competitive'' about their new babies.
The media mogul - whose partner Lauren Silverman gave birth to his son Eric in February - is joined on the panel by David Walliams and and Alesha Dixon, and he admitted there is some healthy competition between the co-stars after they recently welcomed babies into the world.
He told the Daily Mail Weekend magazine: ''There's a lot of competitive parenting going on. Everyone thinks their baby is the cutest.
''David is the most competitive. I think he was miffed when I became a father because it meant he wasn't the centre of attention any more.''
The proud dad has embraced parenthood and insisted welcoming his son into the world has awoken him from ''a coma'' which has seen him totally fixated on work.
He admitted: ''I really, really am [happy]. I seem to come out of what I call a coma, which was just so work-focused.
''I can appreciated it now and enjoy it and have another side to my life, which I've never had before ... I think you can get very competitive.
''Everything in this business is about ratings and success. But it can take over you life a bit. It's still important to me, but it's not like it used to be. I suppose having a baby gives everything a purpose.''05-04-2014
- Richard Hammond is 'not about to quit' his mates
- Matt Smith 'in talks to play Prince Philip in The Crown'
- MasterChef contestant compared to Mr Monopoly
- Celebrity Big Brother star diagnosed with cancer
- Scientologists make Louis Theroux movie
- This Morning to show live semen facial
- Ed Sheeran does his 'tasty dance' on Brothers Green: EATS!
- Alan Halsall still 'challenged' by Corrie