Corrie's Maria to send Tyrone mystery texts
'Coronation Street's' Maria Connor will be revealed as Tyrone Dobbs' mystery texter.
The soap favourite, played by Alan Halsall, will fear for his safety in coming weeks as he begins receiving suspicious text messages, which he believes are from his abusive ex Kirsty Soames - who has been freed from prison - but they are in fact from an unhinged Maria (Samia Ghadie).
The 'Corrie' beauty recently split from boyfriend Marcus Dent (Charlie Condou) after catching him cheating with Todd Grimshaw (Bruno Langley) and turns to Tyrone for support.
When Maria begins developing feelings for ex-boyfriend Tyrone, she tries to kiss him but the father-of-one backs away, resulting in her sending him an erratic text to apologise.
Tyrone assumes the text is from Kirsty as he doesn't have Maria's phone number saved and confides his fears that Kirsty has returned in a heart-to-heart with Maria.
The hairdresser fails to come clean about the text and begins pretending to be Kirsty in a bid to feel needed.
Actress Samia explained to the official 'Coronation Street' website: ''Maria wants him to need her. And because Tyrone doesn't think he can lean on Fiz he turns to Maria for support.
''It's twisted but Maria feels wanted by Tyrone and because of that she finds it difficult to stop pretending to be Kirsty.''07-04-2014
- Anthea Turner is dating again
- Scott Saunders quits Apprentice
- Louis Walsh doesn't see 'the point' in 4th Impact
- Simon Cowell's new X Factor role
- Peter Andre fighting for Strictly place
- Lauren Goodger to return to The Only Way is Essex's Christmas special
- Strictly Come Dancing slapped with more fix rumours
- EastEnders' Charlie Slater is to be killed off