will.i.am under fire by BBC for plugging watch
will.i.am has come under fire by the BBC for plugging his smartphone watch live on air.
The 'Feelin' Myself' rapper could be in big trouble with producers after he used the technology-savvy accessory to receive a phone call from pal, Cheryl Cole, during 'The Voice' live final on Saturday night (05.04.14), despite the channel's strict advertising and product placement ban.
A BBC source told The Sun newspaper: ''No one was more surprised than the producers when Will started talking on his watch phone. It's not something we would agree with, but it just happened.''
Cheryl had called will.i.am to praise his winning act Jermain Jackman for his rendition of Miley Cyrus hit 'Wrecking Ball', and while insiders admit the Black Eyed Peas frontman had breached BBC guidelines, they insist ''no one has complained''.
This isn't the first time will has landed himself in hot water as he was previously banned from wearing a jacket embroidered with the words 'Go Hard Or Go Home', after fans accused him of using the apparel to plug his 2011 single 'T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)', which featured Jennifer Lopez and Sir Mick Jagger
Meanwhile, will.i.am spoke of his latest creation when wearing his smartphone watch during a recent appearance on 'Alan Carr: Chatty Man'.
He explained: ''It takes my heartbeat, my calorie burn, you can make purchases from it. I started the company and funded it and used my own money to develop it.''07-04-2014
- EastEnders' Charlie Slater is to be killed off
- Sean Miley Moore: Olly and Caroline 'like brother and sister'
- Susannah Constantine voted off I'm A Celeb
- Anton Stephans backing Reggie 'N' Bollie to win The X Factor
- Georgia May Foote: Strictly Come Dancing partner like my brother
- Gaz Beadle: Vicky Pattison 'playing it safe'
- Coldplay confirmed for X Factor final
- Katie Derham pulled out of Strictly Come Dancing rehearsals