Christian Clarke to return to EastEnders for Lucy funeral
Christian Clarke will return to 'EastEnders' for Lucy Beale's funeral.
Actor John Partridge has reprised his role as Jane Beale's brother for the emotional scenes, marking his return to Walford after nearly a year and a half.
Christian - who initially left Albert Square in November 2012 with partner Syed Masood - will be back on screens in May to offer support to Ian Beale's ex-wife Jane, played by Laurie Brett, who was Lucy's stepmother and developed a close bond with all of Ian's children.
New pictures show Christian attending Lucy's funeral with the young businesswoman's distraught father Ian (Adam Woodyatt), twin brother Peter (Ben Hardy), and half-siblings Bobby and Cindy.
Lucy, played by Hetti Bywater, will be killed off on Good Friday (18.04.14) and her lifeless body is set to be discovered on Walford Common.
The shock death will begin a 'whodunit?' storyline that will see many Walford residents suspected of Lucy's murder, but viewers will have to wait until next February for the culmination of the plot as it will tie in with the soap's 30th anniversary.
Meanwhile, actress Hetti has admitted it's ''scary and overwhelming'' to be involved in such an important storyline.
She told Digital Spy: ''It's a bit scary and overwhelming, and the fact that it's going to go on for so long. I am ecstatic that I got given this opportunity, because it's amazing and challenging and great to be part of such a big storyline.''08-04-2014
- Mel B axed from X Factor because of Stephen Belafonte?
- Susanna Reid doesn't get starstruck
- Chris Gascoyne returning to Corrie for Deirdre's funeral
- Richard Hammond is 'not about to quit' his mates
- Matt Smith 'in talks to play Prince Philip in The Crown'
- MasterChef contestant compared to Mr Monopoly
- Celebrity Big Brother star diagnosed with cancer
- Scientologists make Louis Theroux movie