Claudia Winkleman to land Strictly job
Claudia Winkleman is set to be the new 'Strictly Come Dancing' presenter.
The 42-year-old presenter is ''first choice'' to take over from Sir Bruce Forsyth - who announced his departure from the show last week - after impressing bosses on the celebrity dance contest with her and co-host Tess Daly's ''chemistry'' on the Sunday evening results show.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''They are certainly the first choices. Detailed discussions will start shortly and it is hoped everything can be sorted out.''
However, 44-year-old Tess - who signed a new two-year deal with the programme last year - is keen to take on Bruce's role on the show, which would see her introduce the contestants and chat to the judges for their feedback after the performances
This would allow Claudia to step up into Tess' role and interview the contestants for their reaction to their performances and subsequent scores.
If Claudia signs on for the show, she and Tess will be the first-ever female duo to front a prime-time Saturday evening programme.
The brunette star has been involved with 'Strictly' since 2004 when she fronted 'Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two' to coincide with the second series of the main show.
In 2010, she took over from Bruce as co-host of the Sunday night results show.
If Claudia doesn't agree a deal with BBC bosses, talk show host Graham Norton, dancer Anton du Beke and actor John Barrowman are also in the frame for the role.
- Patsy Kensit's secret Celebrity Big Brother spray-tans
- Sam Faiers looking for a boyfriend with a 'personality'
- Rosie Fortescue takes her dog on shopping trips
- Anne Kirkbride laid to rest
- Patsy Kensit evicted from 'CBB'
- Dom Parker injured during training for The Jump
- Broadchurch criticised for 'turning into a soap'
- David Tennant set to star as Kilgrave in A.K.A. Jessica Jones