Coronation Street's Tyrone to call police over Maria's texts
Tyrone Dobbs will call the police when he finds out Maria Connor is his secret stalker.
The 'Coronation Street' mechanic is left petrified when he discovers his old flame has been texting him pretending to be his violent ex-girlfriend Kirsty Soames (Natalie Gumede), and can't believe his friend Maria would stoop to something so ''twisted'' as to impersonate the abusive mother of his child.
According to the Daily Star newspaper, when he discovers whose phone the messages are coming from, he will rant: ''All this time it's been you! You've terrified me, made me think my kids' lives are in danger. What have I done to you? You're twisted.''
Hairdresser Maria, played by Samia Ghadie, has been bombarding Tyrone (Alan Halsall) with texts since he rejected her advances in the wake of her traumatic split from her boyfriend Marcus Dent, who she discovered in bed with another man.
Samia rationalised: ''I think Maria wants to be loved. She sees Tyrone and Fiz together and it's just a reminder of what she doesn't have, what she's lost.
''Maria wants him to need her and because Tyrone doesn't think he can lean on Fiz, he turns to Maria for support. It's twisted but Maria feels wanted by Tyrone and because of that she finds it difficult to stop pretending to be Kirsty.''08-04-2014
- Peter Capaldi: Doctor Who is easiest job
- Vicky Pattison sparks rumours she's engaged
- Stephen Belafonte and Danielle Brown for Celebrity Big Brother?
- Claudia to host Comic Relief Danceathon
- Bianca Miller shocked by The Apprentice candidates attitudes
- Perez Hilton joins Celebrity Big Brother
- Mark Wright doesn't regret 'sneaky' tactics
- Doctor Who Christmas special inspired by comic strip