Melinda Messager worried about 'unprofessional' Jump romance
'The Jump' star Melinda Messenger was worried other contestants would think her romance with instructor Warren Smith was ''unprofessional''.
The 43-year-old TV personality struck up a relationship with the sportsman on the reality show last year and, although the pair wanted to be honest with the other competitors, they were worried about how their behaviour would come across.
She explained: ''We did have that conversation of 'How's this going to go down? What if they think it's unprofessional?' We were both there to do a job after all.''
Warren agreed: ''I was very conscious that it might be awkward. There was a really great energy all around of the 12 people I was coaching on the show and I didn't want the atmosphere to change.
''But at the same time we wanted to be honest and upfront because that's what we're like as people, anyway, it's the core of our relationship.''
However, Melinda and Warren were thrilled when they found out the other stars were happy for them, especially Sinitta who noticed their chemistry before they did.
Melinda added to HELLO! magazine: ''She [Sinitta] said all along there was something there, even when I couldn't see it. So she'd try and encourage things along.''14-04-2014
- Mario Falcone: I've learnt my lesson
- Rita Ora signs up for The Voice
- Declan Macey plotting to kill wife, Charity, in Emmerdale
- Laura Carmichael: Downton Abbey costumes more risque next series
- Judy Murray can't stop laughing at Strictly Come Dancing training
- Coronation Street's Kylie Platt becomes hooked on speed
- Andrew Maxwell attacked with pint
- Sam Bailey names baby