Melinda Messager worried about 'unprofessional' Jump romance
'The Jump' star Melinda Messenger was worried other contestants would think her romance with instructor Warren Smith was ''unprofessional''.
The 43-year-old TV personality struck up a relationship with the sportsman on the reality show last year and, although the pair wanted to be honest with the other competitors, they were worried about how their behaviour would come across.
She explained: ''We did have that conversation of 'How's this going to go down? What if they think it's unprofessional?' We were both there to do a job after all.''
Warren agreed: ''I was very conscious that it might be awkward. There was a really great energy all around of the 12 people I was coaching on the show and I didn't want the atmosphere to change.
''But at the same time we wanted to be honest and upfront because that's what we're like as people, anyway, it's the core of our relationship.''
However, Melinda and Warren were thrilled when they found out the other stars were happy for them, especially Sinitta who noticed their chemistry before they did.
Melinda added to HELLO! magazine: ''She [Sinitta] said all along there was something there, even when I couldn't see it. So she'd try and encourage things along.''14-04-2014
- The Only Way Is Essex stars for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
- Ed Sheeran backs X Factor's Andrea Faustini
- Mark Wright's Strictly Come Dancing partner choreographing wedding dance
- Wendi Peters 'hated' her Coronation Street character
- Fleur East gets advice from JB Gill
- Gwen Taylor battling cancer
- Kym Marsh can't have more children
- Stephanie Nala found Simon Cowell's behaviour 'odd'