Melinda Messager worried about 'unprofessional' Jump romance
'The Jump' star Melinda Messenger was worried other contestants would think her romance with instructor Warren Smith was ''unprofessional''.
The 43-year-old TV personality struck up a relationship with the sportsman on the reality show last year and, although the pair wanted to be honest with the other competitors, they were worried about how their behaviour would come across.
She explained: ''We did have that conversation of 'How's this going to go down? What if they think it's unprofessional?' We were both there to do a job after all.''
Warren agreed: ''I was very conscious that it might be awkward. There was a really great energy all around of the 12 people I was coaching on the show and I didn't want the atmosphere to change.
''But at the same time we wanted to be honest and upfront because that's what we're like as people, anyway, it's the core of our relationship.''
However, Melinda and Warren were thrilled when they found out the other stars were happy for them, especially Sinitta who noticed their chemistry before they did.
Melinda added to HELLO! magazine: ''She [Sinitta] said all along there was something there, even when I couldn't see it. So she'd try and encourage things along.''14-04-2014
- Danny Dyer left in tears by daughter's movie debut
- EastEnders to celebrate 30th anniversary with week-long live episodes
- Josie Cunninham set for I'm A Celeb
- Simon Cowell axes dolphin scenes from Xtra Factor
- Greg Wallace surprised by toughness of 'Strictly Come Dancing' training
- Angela Griffin wants 'Coronation Street' return
- Demot O'Leary: Louis Walsh is the 'dirtiest' X Factor judge
- Holly Willoughby opens up about newborn son