Barbara Windsor rules out EastEnders return
Barbara Windsor will never to return to 'EastEnders'.
The 76-year-old actress, who left the show in 2010 and made a brief comeback last year, has ruled out reprising her role as matriarch Peggy Mitchell in the soap because she wants to focus on life with her husband Scott Mitchell.
She told The Sun newspaper: ''At the moment I am very happy. I do Radio 2 which is great, I am doing a one-off about the film studios at Elstree and I quite like that.
''I can be Barbara, just talking about the films. I quite like being me. I don't want to start learning lines again. I am 76 and I think that's it. I had no life with Scott when I was doing 'EastEnders'.
''We've just come back from Broadway. We go and see all the shows. I am a theatre-goer now. 'EastEnders' is doing well anyway -- they're doing fantastic.''
Barbara admits when she first left the BBC One show four years ago she was determined to go back into theatre, but she's since changed her mind.
She explained: ''When I came out of 'EastEnders' the first thing I said was, 'I have to go back into theatre,' and I did.
''I went up to Bristol and did pantomime. I did dance, tap and everything possible to get it out of my system.
''And I thought, 'That's it now, I don't have to do theatre any more'.''15-04-2014
- Jean Slater returning to EastEnders
- Paula Lane signs new contract for Coronation Street
- Louis Walsh: X Factor has too much singing
- Calum Best rekindles romance with ex Made In Chelsea star
- Ricky Rayment 'leaves The Only Way Is Essex'
- Kym Marsh: 'Nothing has been resolved'
- Jamie Laing dating Louis Tomlinson's ex-girlfriend
- Two more acts in 'BGT' final