Barbara Windsor rules out EastEnders return
Barbara Windsor will never to return to 'EastEnders'.
The 76-year-old actress, who left the show in 2010 and made a brief comeback last year, has ruled out reprising her role as matriarch Peggy Mitchell in the soap because she wants to focus on life with her husband Scott Mitchell.
She told The Sun newspaper: ''At the moment I am very happy. I do Radio 2 which is great, I am doing a one-off about the film studios at Elstree and I quite like that.
''I can be Barbara, just talking about the films. I quite like being me. I don't want to start learning lines again. I am 76 and I think that's it. I had no life with Scott when I was doing 'EastEnders'.
''We've just come back from Broadway. We go and see all the shows. I am a theatre-goer now. 'EastEnders' is doing well anyway -- they're doing fantastic.''
Barbara admits when she first left the BBC One show four years ago she was determined to go back into theatre, but she's since changed her mind.
She explained: ''When I came out of 'EastEnders' the first thing I said was, 'I have to go back into theatre,' and I did.
''I went up to Bristol and did pantomime. I did dance, tap and everything possible to get it out of my system.
''And I thought, 'That's it now, I don't have to do theatre any more'.''15-04-2014
- Zoe Ball to present EastEnders aftermath show
- Julie Walters refused to play 'downstairs' role in Downton Abbey
- Hayley Tamaddon dating Joe Tracini
- Jodie Kidd splits from David Blakeley
- Katie Hopkins showered with Katie Price
- Mike Tindall to 'support' daughter
- Georgia May Foote can't see Coronation Street return
- Danny Dyer can't match 'perfect' Mick Carter