Coronation Street's Maria Connor to become 'erratic'
'Coronation Street's Maria Connor's behaviour is set to become ''erratic and unpredictable'' in coming weeks.
The hairdresser - played by Samia Ghadie - takes comfort from her former lover Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall) and his girlfriend Fiz Stape (Jennie McAlpine) after she caught her boyfriend Marcus Dent (Charlie Condou) having an affair with Todd Grimshaw (Bruno Langley) earlier this month.
Speaking to ITV.com, Samia said: ''Her behaviour becomes a bit more erratic, Marcus has gone off so she's happy she doesn't have to see him every day, but she does have to see Todd. That's not easy for her, that makes her behaviour a little bit unpredictable and her friends are concerned about her.''
However, the blonde beauty takes things too far when she pretends to be Tyrone's psycho ex-partner Kirsty Soames (Natalie Gumede), who has just been released from prison, by sending him text messages signed off with ''K''.
Samia explained: ''She's been getting a lot of support from Tyrone and Fiz, but she's been getting the wrong idea of Tyrone's support and starts seeing it more than it is.
''It's so far from right, it's so wrong. Maria opened a whole can of worms with this one. There's going to be more drama to come, so stay tuned.''
- Amy Childs is dating Bournemouth footballer
- Robert Pattinson helped choose sister's X Factor songs
- Coronation Street's Kylie Platt's marriage heading for trouble
- Emily Rose rejects son casting in Haven
- Katie Price to star in new reality TV show
- Loose Women pay tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- The Simpsons kill off Krusty the Clown's dad
- Anne Kirkbride written out of Corrie for three months