Lee Ryan delays rehab for concert
Lee Ryan has reportedly delayed going to rehab in order to perform at an upcoming gig.
The Blue singer promised fans he'd seek help for alcohol abuse and depression after being arrested on suspicion of drink-driving at the weekend, but he's now postponed his treatment for a concert with his bandmates in Moldova.
The 'One Love' singers have been booked to perform at an awards ceremony on Thursday (17.04.14) in the Moldovan capital of Chișinău, and Lee doesn't want to let his fans in the country down, according to The Sun newspaper.
However, the 30-year-old star and his bandmates Duncan James, Anthony Costa and Simon Webbe are said to be desperate to earn some money from the gig after making no secret of the fact they are struggling financially.
A source said: ''Lee is flying out to earn a few extra quid.''
Following his arrest in the early hours of Saturday morning (12.04.14), Lee was charged with criminal damage and failing to provide a specimen, and police are awaiting the results of tests on a suspected drug they seized.
Lee - who faces court next month - described the incident as a ''wake up call'' and promised fans he would seek help.
He said previously: ''I've finally admitted I need help to face some demons I've been hiding from.''15-04-2014
- Joanna Lumley disappointed at Downton Abbey snub
- BBC Two planning 'Bake Off: The Professionals'
- Michael Parr 'flattered and insulted' by hunk comments
- Lorraine Kelly wants bum tattoo
- Rob Brydon and Sir Tom Jones for Children in Need
- Rita Ora 'worked hard' for X Factor role
- Strictly bosses fear pro dancer 'fireworks'
- Celebrity Big Brother confirms UK vs. USA theme