Michael Le Vell ready to leave rehab?
Michael Le Vell is reportedly preparing to leave rehab.
The 'Coronation Street' star sought professional help after he admitted to snorting cocaine during his child abuse trial last year, but he's now said to be ready to leave the clinic.
A friend of the actor - who was cleared of all charges - told The Sun newspaper: ''He now feels better than he has done in years. He really believes he's turned a corner this time.''
Michael - who has been temporarily written out of Corrie storylines - hasn't found his treatment easy but is said to be desperate to prove he's ready to return to his role as car mechanic Kevin Webster on the ITV soap.
The pal continued: ''Michael has found rehab a tough slog.
''He realised it was probably his last chance with Coronation Street bosses and wanted to give it his best shot.''
The 49-year-old soap star told those closest to him that he needed space during his time in rehab so that he could put all of his energy into getting better.
The source added: ''He purposefully asked friends and family to stay away so he could be totally focused.
''Apart from the odd phone call, he has had no contact with his family or friends.''
Michael made his return to Weatherfield last month, but has been written out of the soap again so that he can focus on his treatment.
- Anne Robinson for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!?
- Sir Bruce Forsyth recovers from fall for Strictly Come Dancing return
- Piers Morgan to co-host Good Morning Britain
- Jorgie Porter's dating Craig from First Dates
- Duncan Bannatyne for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!?
- Strictly Come Dancing has plan for nervy contestants
- Maisie Williams: 'Doctor Who' is full of bearded men
- Tom Bleasby quits X Factor