Brenda Blethyn: I've been offered I'm A Celeb
Brenda Blethyn turned down 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!' because she can't live without luxury.
The 68-year-old actress - who plays DCI Vera Stanhope in detective drama series 'Vera' - has been asked to rough it in the jungle, but despite her relatives urging her to go on the reality series, she didn't accept.
She told Closer magazine: ''I've been asked to do 'I'm A Celeb...' All my nieces and nephews said, 'Go on, Aunty Brenda, do it!' If there was a bathroom and nice, cotton sheets, maybe!''
One thing Brenda wouldn't be worried about if she did head Down Under is looking good.
The BAFTA-winning actress thinks modern society is too focused on beauty and looking good, something she wouldn't waste too much of her time on.
She said: ''I think we're obsessed with glamour full stop. I wouldn't say I'm glamorous, but I want to look nice. The thing I find a bit odd is people altering their body surgically.
''I care what I look like, but I don't care how Vera looks - I'm not vain about how I appear on screen! Vera is a bit of a scruff. She lives on a remote part of the coast, where the way to survive is to be clever with layering. She's practical and doesn't look in the mirror very often.''25-04-2014
- The Apprentice winner Mark Wright wants role as Lord Sugar's new sidekick
- Sarah-Jane Crawford to holiday with Simon Cowell
- Call The Midwife nuns are atheists
- Amanda Holden has Christmas spreadsheets
- Mark Wright 'shaken' by Bianca Miller's confidence
- Helen Flanagan is pregnant
- Mark Wright wins The Apprentice
- Ben Haenow claims Christmas number one spot