Pauline McLynn joins EastEnders
Pauline McLynn has joined 'EastEnders' as Charlie Cotton's mother.
The former 'Father Ted' actress - best known for playing long-suffering housekeeper Mrs Doyle in the hit sitcom - has been cast in the role of Yvonne Cotton.
Pauline will be introduced when soap stalwart Dot Branning (June Brown) makes a ''surprising discovery'' and seeks answers about her grandson, played by Declan Bennett.
Pauline commented: ''It is a thrill to join 'EastEnders', my favorite soap, and in particular any chance to be part of a Dot Cotton storyline is not to be passed up - June Brown is a legend and I feel privileged to act with her.''
Executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: ''I have always been a little in love with Pauline McLynn so I'm so excited that she's joining the Cotton family. It was about time Albert Square had another Irish character and I know that viewers are going to both love and be intrigued by Yvonne Cotton.''
The Cotton family has been reinvigorated in recent months following the shock news that Dot's dastardly son Nick Cotton fathered a secret child, Charlie.
Charlie arrived in Albert Square in March to inform Dot her son had died, but viewers have seen him behave suspiciously regarding his father's death, leading fans to believe all is not as it seems.25-04-2014
- Lord Alan Sugar: Simon Cowell should shave beard off
- MasterChef's Gregg Wallace wants more kids
- Jennifer Metcalfe feels 'pressure' to look hot
- NTAs 2016 introduce new categories
- Gemma Atkinson wants baby before she's 32
- Stephanie Davis to join I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
- Charley Webb: Let Debbie Dingle go quietly
- Strictly Come Dancing's Aliona Vilani has bust-up with husband