Pauline McLynn joins EastEnders
Pauline McLynn has joined 'EastEnders' as Charlie Cotton's mother.
The former 'Father Ted' actress - best known for playing long-suffering housekeeper Mrs Doyle in the hit sitcom - has been cast in the role of Yvonne Cotton.
Pauline will be introduced when soap stalwart Dot Branning (June Brown) makes a ''surprising discovery'' and seeks answers about her grandson, played by Declan Bennett.
Pauline commented: ''It is a thrill to join 'EastEnders', my favorite soap, and in particular any chance to be part of a Dot Cotton storyline is not to be passed up - June Brown is a legend and I feel privileged to act with her.''
Executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: ''I have always been a little in love with Pauline McLynn so I'm so excited that she's joining the Cotton family. It was about time Albert Square had another Irish character and I know that viewers are going to both love and be intrigued by Yvonne Cotton.''
The Cotton family has been reinvigorated in recent months following the shock news that Dot's dastardly son Nick Cotton fathered a secret child, Charlie.
Charlie arrived in Albert Square in March to inform Dot her son had died, but viewers have seen him behave suspiciously regarding his father's death, leading fans to believe all is not as it seems.25-04-2014
- Yvette Fielding slams Lady Colin Campbell
- Len Goodman defends Strictly Come Dancing over fix claims
- Coldplay and One Direction for X Factor final?
- Kieron Dyer threatens to quit I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here
- Janet Devlin wants a record deal with Simon Cowell
- The Apprentice: David 'intimidated' by Joseph
- Jennifer Lawrence thinks Passengers script is perfect
- Katie Price watches ex-husband Peter Andre on Strictly Come Dancing