Susanna Reid won't sleep before Good Morning Britain launch
Susanna Reid doesn't think she'll be able to sleep ahead of her hosting role on 'Good Morning Britain' next week.
The 43-year-old TV star, who has become the new face of ITV breakfast with Charlotte Hawkins, admits she'll be so nervous and excited about the launch on Monday (28.04.14) that she'll struggle to snooze the night before.
Speaking on ITV's 'This Morning' today (25.04.14), she said: ''I'm not sure I'm going to go to bed at all on Sunday night! But it feels very, very exciting and yes, two alarm clocks are essential for Monday morning ... I haven't got up that early for a couple of months, but I am - as Charlotte is - very used to getting up at that time in the morning.''
Susanna, who was offered £400,000 to quit 'BBC Breakfast', is hopeful the new show, which will take over from 'Daybreak', will be a big hit with viewers as it has lots of new content but a number of familiar faces.
She explained: ''We are on air from 6am in the mornings, until 8.30am and there's lots of new stuff about the programme. Obviously we're new to ITV breakfast but there's lots of familiar faces as well ... Ben Shephard of course and Sean Fletcher as well and Kate Garraway is still going to be part of the programme, and Ranvir [Singh], Laura [Tobin] will be doing the weather and Richard [Arnold] will be doing the showbiz news, so there's lots of familiar ITV elements.''
'Good Morning Britain' launches Monday April 28 at 6am on ITV.25-04-2014
- Sweden win Eurovision Song Contest 2015
- Mark Wright and Michelle Keegan's £1m wedding
- Gary Barlow: Nick Grimshaw could find it hard to juggle X Factor job
- Calum Best blamed himself for father's death
- Reggie Yates hopes Fearne Cotton has more children
- Adjoa Mensah evicted from 'Big Brother'
- Fearne Cotton bids goodbye to BBC Radio 1
- James Lock sad Dan Osborne's been sacked from TOWIE