Terry Alderton to leave EastEnders
Terry Alderton will leave 'EastEnders' later this year.
The actor-and-comedian, who plays Bianca Butcher's love interest Terry Spraggan, has been written out of the BBC One soap following actress Patsy Palmer's decision to quit her famous role.
Terry confirmed the news on his Twitter account, writing: ''So, I'm leaving EastEnders in July :@( unfortunately Patsy leaving has changed things in the story. It's very sad but it's been a great ride (sic)''
Patsy, 41, shocked soap bosses last month by announcing her decision to leave the show in the autumn.
The actress is expected to move to Los Angeles with her four children in a bid to launch a Hollywood career.
Following Terry's announcement, fans of the stand-up comic - who joined 'EastEnders' last September and debuted on-screen in November - have flooded soap bosses with messages lobbying for his character to be saved.
Terry wrote: ''So so moved by the mass of twitter comments re leaving. I've also heard that EE have been jammed with protest which is nice. So thank you! (sic)''
He later added: ''I'm loving the #SaveTerry x (sic)''25-04-2014
- Joey Essex to be Kim Kardashian West of skiers
- Nadia Sawalha evicted from 'Celebrity Big Brother'
- Piers Linney has quit Dragons' Den
- Sir David Jason thanks family values for Only Fools and Horses success
- Chris Evans in 'the middle of tests' for prostate cancer
- Zoe Ball to present EastEnders aftermath show
- Julie Walters refused to play 'downstairs' role in Downton Abbey
- Hayley Tamaddon dating Joe Tracini