Terry Alderton to leave EastEnders
Terry Alderton will leave 'EastEnders' later this year.
The actor-and-comedian, who plays Bianca Butcher's love interest Terry Spraggan, has been written out of the BBC One soap following actress Patsy Palmer's decision to quit her famous role.
Terry confirmed the news on his Twitter account, writing: ''So, I'm leaving EastEnders in July :@( unfortunately Patsy leaving has changed things in the story. It's very sad but it's been a great ride (sic)''
Patsy, 41, shocked soap bosses last month by announcing her decision to leave the show in the autumn.
The actress is expected to move to Los Angeles with her four children in a bid to launch a Hollywood career.
Following Terry's announcement, fans of the stand-up comic - who joined 'EastEnders' last September and debuted on-screen in November - have flooded soap bosses with messages lobbying for his character to be saved.
Terry wrote: ''So so moved by the mass of twitter comments re leaving. I've also heard that EE have been jammed with protest which is nice. So thank you! (sic)''
He later added: ''I'm loving the #SaveTerry x (sic)''25-04-2014
- The Only Way Is Essex to film in Ibiza
- Jo Brand to host Bake Off spin-off
- Kimberly Kisselovich opens up about sex in BB house
- Jack P. Shepherd takes on-screen son under his wing
- Loveable Rogues not in touch with Cowell
- Diane Parish defends EastEnders' dramatic plot.
- Dora Bryan dies aged 91
- Kerry Washington's 'risky' role on Scandal