Susanna Reid not focused on money
Susanna Reid isn't focused on her 'Good Morning Britain' salary.
The TV host will front ITV's new breakfast show and while there have been reports she will earn £400,000 - rather than the £1 million she was rumoured to be getting paid - she is motivated by the excitement of being part of something fresh.
She told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''We are lucky to be generously paid. But the days of million pound presenters are gone. it is nothing I have experienced.
''I am focused on the new programme. Imagine if it works? If people watch and love it, and they think they want us in their kitchen, that is the ultimate privilege and what we would love.''
Susanna also revealed the team behind the show - which will launch on Monday morning (28.04.14) at 6am - are excited to get started and don't see it as a risk.
She added: ''None of us have gone into this thinking, 'God what are we risking', but 'wow, let's do this and make a programme viewers will love and build on this'.
''I have always said there is room for two strong breakfast programmes. That is what we have to do, make a very strong breakfast programme that people will watch.''26-04-2014
- Jamelia concentrating on Christmas with daughters
- Fantastic Four 2 gets the chop
- Louis Walsh: Simon has 'f***ed' up with The X Factor
- Steven Moffat thought Doctor Who Christmas special would be his last
- Charley Webb films last Emmerdale scenes before maternity leave
- Aidan Turner expecting criticism for Poldark
- Tom Hanks wants Bond villain role
- Chris Hemsworth replaced brother Liam as Thor