Susanna Reid not focused on money
Susanna Reid isn't focused on her 'Good Morning Britain' salary.
The TV host will front ITV's new breakfast show and while there have been reports she will earn £400,000 - rather than the £1 million she was rumoured to be getting paid - she is motivated by the excitement of being part of something fresh.
She told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''We are lucky to be generously paid. But the days of million pound presenters are gone. it is nothing I have experienced.
''I am focused on the new programme. Imagine if it works? If people watch and love it, and they think they want us in their kitchen, that is the ultimate privilege and what we would love.''
Susanna also revealed the team behind the show - which will launch on Monday morning (28.04.14) at 6am - are excited to get started and don't see it as a risk.
She added: ''None of us have gone into this thinking, 'God what are we risking', but 'wow, let's do this and make a programme viewers will love and build on this'.
''I have always said there is room for two strong breakfast programmes. That is what we have to do, make a very strong breakfast programme that people will watch.''26-04-2014
- Lindsay Booth would have quit The Apprentice if she hadn't been fired
- Simon Cowell called Mel B 'average'
- Phillip Schofield to broadcast for 24 hours
- Andy Jordan announces tour
- Wendi Peters worries people will be 'disappointed' by Coronation Street return
- Mel Giedroyc to host Relatively Clever
- Lynda Bellingham's Christmas plans left unfulfilled
- The Only Way Is Essex stars for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!