Georgia May Foote to be axed from Coronation Street
Georgia May Foote has been axed from 'Coronation Street' two months after signing a new contract.
The soap star - who plays Katy Armstrong - only recently agreed to an extension on her deal but she was told by bosses they will be writing her out after four years on the show, and while she will be ''sorry to say goodbye'' she is looking to the future.
According to the Sunday Mirror newspaper, she said: ''I have had an amazing four years on 'Coronation Street', I have had some fantastic storylines and worked with some wonderful actors.
''I am very excited about what the future holds. While I will be sorry to say goodbye to Weatherfield I am looking forward to the challenge of new roles.''
The 23-year-old star joined the soap in 2010, and was handed a new £100,000-a-year contract in February - only to be axed months later.
However, show boss Stuart Blackburn has confirmed her character won't be ''killed off'', meaning she may be able to return in the future.
He said: ''Katy will not be killed off and the door will be left open for a possible return. We wish Georgia every success with her future career.''27-04-2014
- Stephanie Davis to join I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
- Charley Webb: Let Debbie Dingle go quietly
- Strictly Come Dancing's Aliona Vilani has bust-up with husband
- Tyger Drew-Honey slams plans to axe BBC Three
- Helen George doesn't have time for romance
- Ellen Page for Flatliners reboot?
- Jennifer Metcalfe flattered by Sexiest Female award
- Emmerdale wins Best Soap at Inside Soap Awards