Georgia May Foote to be axed from Coronation Street
Georgia May Foote has been axed from 'Coronation Street' two months after signing a new contract.
The soap star - who plays Katy Armstrong - only recently agreed to an extension on her deal but she was told by bosses they will be writing her out after four years on the show, and while she will be ''sorry to say goodbye'' she is looking to the future.
According to the Sunday Mirror newspaper, she said: ''I have had an amazing four years on 'Coronation Street', I have had some fantastic storylines and worked with some wonderful actors.
''I am very excited about what the future holds. While I will be sorry to say goodbye to Weatherfield I am looking forward to the challenge of new roles.''
The 23-year-old star joined the soap in 2010, and was handed a new £100,000-a-year contract in February - only to be axed months later.
However, show boss Stuart Blackburn has confirmed her character won't be ''killed off'', meaning she may be able to return in the future.
He said: ''Katy will not be killed off and the door will be left open for a possible return. We wish Georgia every success with her future career.''27-04-2014
- Richard Hammond is 'not about to quit' his mates
- Matt Smith 'in talks to play Prince Philip in The Crown'
- MasterChef contestant compared to Mr Monopoly
- Celebrity Big Brother star diagnosed with cancer
- Scientologists make Louis Theroux movie
- This Morning to show live semen facial
- Ed Sheeran does his 'tasty dance' on Brothers Green: EATS!
- Alan Halsall still 'challenged' by Corrie