X Factor musical I Can't Sing! to close next month
The 'X Factor' musical 'I Can't Sing!' will close after just two months.
Despite only opening on the West End in March, Harry Hill's stage show - which is based on Simon Cowell's TV talent contest - faces its curtain call in May.
Rebecca Quigley, the chief executive of Stage Entertainment UK, told the BBC: ''The West End can be an unpredictable place as the closure of a number of high profile productions recently has shown.
'''I Can't Sing!' has had audiences on their feet night after night, four and five star reviews from the critics and an amazing company and creative team, but it seems that isn't always enough.''
The show garnered glowing reviews during its run at the London Palladium, but it will end its run on May 10.
Nigel Hall, from production company Syco Entertainment, added: ''Alongside Stage Entertainment we'd like to thank the cast and crew who have worked so hard on this show.
''To everyone at Really Useful Theatres and the ever supportive staff at the London Palladium, and everyone involved in 'I Can't Sing!' I'd like to say a huge thanks and the very best of luck with their next venture.''27-04-2014
- James Nesbitt is enjoying celibacy
- David Hasselhoff's five wives in new show
- Ricky Wilson: Flirting with Rita Ora is for show
- Prince Charles pays tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- Coronation Street's Helen Worth 'delighted' by Tina O'Brien return
- Chloe Sims felt 'suffocated' by Elliot Wright
- Thom Evans 'plans to launch acting career'
- Ben Haenow plans to propose